- People cross the street to pet Riley
- My best friend Linnea lives here (boom, there's your mention!)
- The bums are friendly, and most of them wear Chargers gear
- Driving 163 S past the mall makes my ears pop
- There are wireless networks in my mom's building named "Virus Installer" and "BoosHound"
- (It at least feels like) There are more independent restaurants than chains
- Corgi meetups
- Meter maids ticketed a Car2Go vehicle outside my mom's building TWICE (if you don't know what Car2Go is, check out Little Brother's blog post on the subject... Starting From Scratch: Awesome, thy name is Car2Go)
- Today I wasn't sure whether this one guy was homeless or a gajillionaire in a sweatshirt
- Vons is a cool name for a grocery store
- Friday rush hour starts at 2pm
- Nobody dresses up to go to work unless they feel like it
- The freeway signs make sense (booooooooo Miami)
- There is an inordinate number of holistic pet shops, and I love everything they stand for even though it's completely ridiculous if you think about it
- You never hear "ugh... San Diego... I can't stand that place"... Everyone else loves this gosh dang city as much as I do!
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Freeway Ponderings on My Favorite City
Because lists are fun, and I like fun, and I like San Diego, and San Diego is fun, here is a list of things that I like and I think are fun about San Diego.